The overall site will be approximately 50,000 sq. feet and be suitable for a 4,000 sq. ft.
The calculation was done by artist and technologist Stephen Von Worley, who mapped the 13,000 McDonald’s in the lower 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii were excluded. From the “McFarthest Spot” the distance to the nearest McDonald’s is 107 miles as the crow flies and 145 miles by car.
McDonald’s is the world’s largest restaurant chain by revenue, serving over 69 million customers daily in over 100 countries across 37,855 outlets as of 2018. The McDonald’s Corporation revenues come from the rent, royalties, and fees paid by the franchisees, as well as sales in company-operated restaurants .
The average McDonald’s restaurant generates nearly $2.7 million in annual sales, making it the fourth-highest-grossing chain in the US by sales per unit behind Chick-fil-A, Whataburger, and Panera Bread, according to QSR magazine.
There’s more than 200 McDonald’s outlets in Russia, but the one in Pushkin Square in Moscow holds the distinction as being the busiest in the world .
The company itself does not own any Subway restaurants. McDonald’s owns about 20% of its restaurants, with the remaining 80% owned and operated by independent franchisees.
Startup costs range from $955,708 to $2.3 million , including a $45,000 franchise fee. Conversely, it only costs $10,00 to open a new Chick-fil-A, with no threshold for net worth or liquid assets. Chick-fil-A pays for all startup costs, including real estate, restaurant construction, and equipment.
Ranking The Top 50 Fast-Food Chains in America
|rank||company||2018 us systemwide sales millions|
Yum! Brands Yum China
The total investment necessary to begin operation of a traditional McDonald’s franchise ranges from $1,008,000 to $2,214,080. This includes an initial franchise fee of $45,000.00 that must be paid to the franchisor.
Questionable Profitability – According to a very reliable source it takes “about $365,000 in annual gross sales” to produce a modest “ $35,000 /yr income for the owner” and “about 60% of all US stores do not break even.” In other words, you will not see a nickel in profit until your UPS Store does over $30,000 in monthly
Low-Cost/Cheap Franchises Cruise Planners . Franchise fee : $10,995. Initial investment: $2,095 to $22,867. SuperGlass Windshield Repair. JAN-PRO . Jazzercise . Franchise fee : $1,250. Initial investment: $2,500 to $38,000. Dream Vacations . Franchise fee : $495 to $9,800. Initial investment: $3,245 to $21,850.