Shri Ganga Bhishen Agarwal
The deal may see the New York Stock Exchange-listed Kellogg’s pick up a significant stake in the company, valuing Haldiram’s at around $3 billion (over Rs 21,000 crore), said three people briefed on the matter.
There’s Prabhuji in Kolkata, Mopleez in Nagpur, Bikaji in Bikaner, Rameswar in Delhi. The Haldiram story began in 1937, when Gangabhisan Agarwal set up shop in Bikaner.
As Haldiram’s expanded and diversified, rifts started emerging in the Agarwal family. They rebranded to “ Prabhuji : from the house of Haldiram’s “. Their relations with their counterparts in Nagpur and Delhi, however, remain strained.
The owner of one of India’s biggest confectionary chains, Haldiram’s , will stay in jail for now. Prabhu Shankar Agarwal was sentenced, along with four others, to life in prison in January, 2010, for conspiring and attempting to murder a tea vendor in 2005. Agarwal was sentenced by a Kolkata court.
The Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) in America banned the sale of Haldiram’s , reporting that it contains a chemical pesticide and salmonella bacteria.
The three different types of franchises offered by Haldiram are as follow: Casual Dinner – An office, water, and other services are required to apply for this franchise . Kiosk – It is the easiest to maintain a Haldiram kiosk. An area of at least 75 to 100 square feet is required to set up a Haldiram kiosk.
Starting a retail sweet shop way back in 1937 in Rajasthan’s Bikaner, the Haldiram with its traditional theme of snacks has now pipped US-based Pepsico to become the largest snack company .
U.S. FDA has banned all the Haldiram snacks due to the presence of high levels of pesticides, mold and the bacteria salmonella. Haldiram buys marble dust from Makrana. Earlier the mine owners used to pay money to dispose the dust .
The decision was taken in view of reports that Haldiram’s packaged products had been banned in USA as pesticides and Salmonella bacteria were found in them, she said. “This is a very serious matter.
Rs 4000 crore
Mixtures, moong dals and aloo bhujia are disastrous for health predominantly because they are deep fried in very old oil, and are kept fresh for several months using chemical preservatives. Taking them for a prolonged period can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.